Sunshine Coast & Gympie Areas
Call to Book your course 0455 258 160
MEDIUM RIGID (MR)
Drivers wishing to achieve an MR licence must have held a class C, provisional or open licence for at least one year.
HEAVY RIGID (HR)
Drivers wishing to achieve an HR licence must have held a class C, provisional or open licence for at least two years, or a class LR or MR, provisional or open licence for at least one year.
Drivers wishing to achieve an Bus licence must have held a class C, provisional or open licence for at least one year.
Having completed your course with Elite Truck Training, and successfully passing your practical test, you will need to have passed a theory test before you can be issued with your MR/HR licence.
The theory test is set by Queensland Transport and consists of 10 multiple choice questions, of which you must answer eight correctly to pass.
Examples of questions and practical theory tests can be seen at the Queensland Transport website, www.tmr.qld.gov.au.
The practice THEORY TEST can be taken at any time prior to receiving your HR/MR licence, and is completed independently of Elite Truck Training. The actual theory test must be undertaken in person at a Dept of Transport customer service centre.
What's Covered in your training
The following topics will be thoroughly covered in your training course:
• Vehicle familiarisation and inspection prior to operation
• Critical skills in vehicle control, gear changing, and manoeuvering, including cornering techniques and kerbside stops.
• Safe driving techniques on hazard identification and approach
• Advanced observation skills and mirror use to enhance vehicle safety
• General roadcraft application including speed and lane selection to improve safety levels
• Critical reversing skills.
• Practical application of drive test to help enhance the on-road assessment
Mark Keemer will be your instructor for all courses offered by Elite Truck Training. His experience and knowledge of the transport industry is extensive with over 30 years driving and training for you to draw on.
Mark achieved a Grade 6 trainer rating (the highest available) in the UK and was highly regarded by his peers for his easy going but thorough instructing style. After moving to South Australia, he achieved Driving Examiner status, and worked with the Department of Transport for a number of years.
Feel free to call and talk to Mark if you have any questions or concerns about obtaining your HR or MR licence.